a <$BlogRSDUrl$>
Enchanted Gypsy ~ Travel Diaries
"May the long time sun shine upon you,all love suround you and the pure light within you,guide your way on"~Incredible String Band
Follow along with our adventures as we set out to convert a school bus into a beautiful,energy efficient home that runs off recycled vegetable oil. We then embark on a life long adventure, roaming the country, selling our handcrafted art and music as we go, meeting strange and wonderful people along the way. Crazy,naive,you ask ? Maybe,..maybe not..

~ Pixie ~

Sunday, February 15, 2004
Name: My nickname is Pixie.


Political: liberal..registered Green Party


Ethnicity: Mixed..Irish and American Indian


Religion: I do not believe there is one corect spiritual path that is right for all. I believe that God is everywhere, everything,part and parcel of the very atoms and molocules of matter. God is beyond the limitations of our minds. God is both male and female and neither. God is Krishna, Jesus, Budahah.


I experience God/dess most directly through nature, animals and all things wild. Therefore, I follow a pagan path....recognizing the turning of the wheel both as the seasons and in my life. I celebrate the ancinet pagan holidays. I also recognize the universal truths inherent in hinduism and budhism and incorporate that into my spiritual and material life.


Ocupation: Varies ~ Ideally it is fiber artist ~ spinning, natural dyeing, felting ~ all things fiber related. I also do work on various green and democratic initiatives.



Most Important Issues: Human overpopulation and the destruction of our global ecosytem, forest fragmentation, habitat loss, extinction and loss of biodiversity.



FAVORITE THINGS


Music: Psychedelic Folk, old timey, bluegrass and other varieties of folk music.



Bands: Incredible String Band, Donovan, Greatful Dead, Bill Monroe, H.P Lovecraft,
Richard and Mimi Farina, It's a Beautiful day, Jean Ritchie, Radiohead



Movies: Princess Monanokee, Beloved, Wicker man, What in the Bleep do we know, Head, Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, Easy Rider,Midnight Cowboy.


Books: The Song of the Dodo, The Gift of the Deer, A place in the Woods, Watership Down,Be Here Now, Tao Of Physics, Psychedelic Experience


Authors: Edward O Wilson, Timothy Leary, Richard Alpert (Ram Dass)


Food: 100% vegetarian with a heavy emphasis on raw foods. Young Thai coconut milk,all raw friuts and veggies,Tofurkey veggie slices, Quorn loaf, edame, Indian food, clean water..



Intrests: I love to spin wool and other fibers on my Ashford spinning wheel.I am an avid natural dyer, finding non native dye plants growing in disturbed roadside areas as I travel. I then use them to dye my handspun wool and other fibers with. I am also an avid needle felter and wet felter.



I love to play my mountain dulcimer by myself and jam with Moss as he plays banjo. We dont sound to great at present, but are working on it and haveing lots of fun.


My other great love in life is the enjoyment of nature and all things wild. Be it through hiking, bird watching, swimming in lakes and oceans or wildlife rehabilitation.I enjoy the study and celebration of nature in any and every form. When I am in a forest, on a mountain, desert or beach..I am at absolute peace.



I alo enjoy rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife which I used to do professionaly for 10 years, when I lived a stationary life.I keep a comprehensive medical kit on the bus with me for wildlife emergencies. If I happen across an animal in need I stabalize it and tranfer it to the nearest wildlife rehabilitator, wherever I happen to be.



Other intrests include, green, enviromentaly sound technology and architecture, voluntary simplicity and bikeing.



Negative Traits: No ones perfect right? Like everyone else I have "issues".So,to avoid presentimg myself as a perfect human, the following are some of the negative personality traits that come out from time to time...


Can be self rightous at times and have a bad temper. Talk before I think ,obessive compulsive, impatient, like to provoke, question and buck authority and accepted norms and am very impulsive and unpredicatable.



Favorite Quote: " You shall enter the liveing shelter of the forest. You shall walk where only the wind has walked before.." Nancy Newhall , This is the American Earth
9:35 PM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Wow...do we see eye to eye...and you were born in my favorite year. I left comments on your needle felting, as that was what I was searching for, but this blog is VERY interesting, too! I do hope you will visit mine! I make stuff and music.

    Very cool blog!

    By Blogger Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother., at 3:39 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

EMAIL ~ pixie@enchantedgypsy.com :: PERMALINK